Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"Dad! I'm Hungry!"

It's now 6:30 at night - and we still have no idea what we're going to eat. My older son is pacing frantically around the kitchen island "I'm hungry... I am Hunnnngggggggrrrryyy!" I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to take a chunk out of my leg. Take-out? Eat out? What's in the freezer?

In our busy schedules it's hard to come up with fresh food ideas every night. We usually end up eating the same thing over and over again - no flavor, no change - no fun! Many people are intimidated by cooking, and tend to place conservative, bland meals on the table. No wonder people eat out more than ever!

I have started to enjoy cooking again, and look forward to challenging myself with a new meal every night. The best thing is: my family loves the food!

Follow me as I try and show that you don't need to be a professional to place great meals on the table. 


No comments: